Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day, Belatedly...

This is what happens when I get caught up in stuff...
It's late, and I was too wrapped up in my head to post earlier. Today is also my late dads birthday, so it's doubly bittersweet. Heard a tune on the radio this morn, the gist of which was, "How many tears can I shed before I say goodbye?" in direct reference to someone who has passed the Veil; As is not unusual with me, a tear came to my eye, thinkin' about my ol' man. He was, in the last ten years of his life, one of my best friends, and certainly my truest. That was in addition to being my Dad. I never could convince him that I wasn't in financial ruin, though - even standing outside the house Li'lBit and I live in. He was a trip. Unlike when I was growing up, he made no secret of the fact that he loved me and was proud of me; he was just a closet worrywart, kinda like his beloved daughter-in-law.
Happy Fathers Day, Pa, and Happy Birthday, too. Fly Free...

1 comment:

WomanHonorThyself said...

ah..tis better late than never..beautiful tribute~! :)